Monday, November 15, 2010

Mbah Maridjan

Ten years ago I had a big dream of a shit volcanoe emerging out of the earth. Later I discovered and fell in love with Fingal Headland which is volcanic rock from the long extinct Mt Warning volcanoe.
In the past few weeks I have been grieving the loss of Mbah Maridjan the mystic keeper of Mount Merapi the volcanoe thats still erupting.
Today I was teaching group work and during a exercise my relationship with Fingal came up and I felt some intense emotion that I still struggle to understand. It feels like a force of nature is pushing through me now. There is a intense sadness and excitement as my old identity is dying( fast) and the new is being born. I wish I had met Mbah as I feel a real kinship with him. He would of understood me and in some ways he feels like the spiritual father I have been seeking. I now feel that I have a resposibility to honour him and make sure his legacy is known. Bizzare as its sounds I feel that Brisbane wants me as its mystic keeper? Someone who attends to the soul of the city. In some way thats what he Mysterius Doctor Mercurius is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment