Monday, November 29, 2010

Cities voice

On the corner of Brunswick street and St Pauls Terrace in the Valley opposite the appropriatly named Valley Five Ways Building there was a small public park. Seats, two trees ...I think, plants . It was pretty ordinary, disenchanted, yes, and not without potential. Yesterday I walked past and the entire lot has disapeared and its been completly laid over with concrete. I felt a wave of energy pushing me away from it as I walked past. As if the grief of the place was protesting in anger at her violation. No consultation, no conversation. Just destroy and lay a rigid pre-conceived idea of function, or whatever is fashionable in the collective mind of Brisbane Council town planning I assume , over the top. The voice of the city is not being listened too and she is cranky!

No comments:

Post a Comment