Friday, October 22, 2010

Charts

Whilst I have about twenty years experience in youth work, counselling and training I am relativly new to Astrology. Astrology is like coming home for me a great gift. It forms the philosphy to alchemical carnivale. Till the end of the year I am doing astrological charts for half price 50$ a hour then it will be 100$. I do readings at a cafe. I plan to do a whole variety of workshops in the new year. I am especially interested in children of any age as the experience of watching my own boys, two teenagers and a two year old, through the astrological lense is just fascinating. Obviously a reading for young kids or babies is for the parents and gives words and imges to what parents are already experiencing. I draw especially from Jungian psychology of which I have a Masters. I dont do straight readings or interpretation, I have a conversation between the chart and the person and let it evolve or unfold. Astrology connects to Greek mythology which has been our most powerful religious impulse alongside Christianity. Sadly Christianity as it evolved followed by scientific rationality has attempted to bury Greek and all mythology, astrology, alchemy , and all the so called feminine arts and science. Its time to get our culture in order which means reclaiming and revisoning out collective cultural roots. I hope to contibute in my own small way.

No comments:

Post a Comment