Saturday, January 1, 2011

To the once and future rule breakers

Ive had a book about my vision and hope for Australia brewing for a solid ten, 15, 20, perhaps 30 years now. I've made a number of serious attempts all to no end. Its been a learning process. This time feels different. I feel ripe.
I feel that I have found my voice.
On New years eve I went to Southbank with my two nephews to watch the fire works. I've thought about what it would be like to be the King of Australia, like Ulysses and to have been in exile, or in jail perhaps for 30 years and then to return unknown. To look at everyone, every single person as someone in your care. Not to take literal responsibility for everyone like a pseudo saviour no thats the sure sign of a psychosis. No...I am just Jeff and I was imagining what it would be like. In Astrology the King or the Queen is symbolised by the Sun. We all have a part of us that feels royal and is royal. Though I must admit I dont really associate much with that word.
In the chart of Australia, the Federation, the Sun is in Capricorn. It's conjunct Saturn which is a bit like having your King, your royal part in chains. Theres more to it then that and at the same time this seems to fit for Australia.
So I was wondering what if I let my Sun, the energy thats central for me expand and join the Sun of the nation. Its like a marraige, a commitment to work together and keep the larger whole in mind. I looked at people differently. I felt a mixture of things. I certainly didnt feel above people. Their seemed to be a connection with the death of the magpie, the death of the bird like part of me that likes to fly up and stay above the fray of everday life. It felt right and has freed me to write. Its flowing.
Then next day I was reading the Oddysey and theres the part where he has returned to his family home and its under a sort of seige by a bunch of dickhead suitors. He is enraged, to the point where his blood is boiling and his skin is peeling like a burnt sausage. I could relate to this rage, this fury. The world let alone Australia is going down the plughole and our leaders are pontificating in management speak. Our children are being moly-coddled indoors, kept safe from all signs of dirt and danger. Spoon fed technology. Most of us are sucking on the technological tittie, twittering our lives away in front of a screen whilst the real life twittters and twerps of living species is ignored metres away outside.
I could continue but I dont want to rave about the stuff I hate, I'd rather focus on what I love, and what I hope and dream of the future. The volcanic eruption of all our buried shit is the beggining and we have a lot of it in Australia. This year the eruption will begin. Its begun. The writing of the book will be a small part of that and only then can the healing and the new direction emerge or maybe they are more intertwined?
The title Australia: To the once and future rule breakers, came to me this morning. It feels right. I will use the blog as thinking out loud. I want to get a draft done in one month and the final version done in 3 months. I need a tight time frame. It will be an astrological , alchemical reading of the moment and Australia's potential role in the future world order. I will weave my own biography, stories and theories. Just gotta do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment